WISEPlace provides options for the many difficult situations a woman might encounter during times of crisis.
Bridge housing for unaccompanied homeless women
WISEPlace provides bridge housing with wraparound services for homeless unaccompanied women to assist them in moving from homelessness to becoming permanently housed contributing members of the community. This includes:
- Bridge housing
- Case management
- Financial empowerment
- Individual counseling
- Life skills training
- Food and clothing
- Transportation assistance
- Links to other community resources such as legal, medical and financial assistance
- Entertainment, enrichment and spiritual guidance
Under the umbrella of our bridge housing, we create programming to meet the needs of the versatile community of women in crisis. These are our Steps to Independence:
- Steps program: Assists victims of domestic violence, those who are recovering from alcohol or substance abuse and those who have experienced a catastrophic financial reversal. They also may have been chronically homeless. These women will live at The Hotel for Women in our Downtown Santa Ana facility.
- First Step program: Assists 18-to-24-year-old young women coming out of the foster care system or some other dysfunctional family environment. This program emphasizes education and life skills. These women will live at The Hotel for Women in our Downtown Santa Ana facility.
- Senior Step program: Assists women over 55 years old with emphasis on long-term housing and health stability. These women will live at The Hotel for Women in our Downtown Santa Ana facility.
- Step-Up program: Assists women with developmental disabilities, with an emphasis on life skills training and securing employment leading to long-term stability. These women will live at The Hotel for Women in our Downtown Santa Ana facility.
- Positive Step program: Assists women that have been chronically homeless. This is a second-stage program for highly motivated women that have started on their road to independence. These women will live in the Positive Step House, a home in a residential neighborhood of Santa Ana.
Single-Room Occupancy Program for unaccompanied homeless women
- Must have income upon entry into program
- Maximum 90-day program
- Provides Low-income temporary housing
- Provides food and clothing
Basic program requirements
WISEPlace serves homeless single women from throughout Orange County. Women must be:
- Single or “unaccompanied” – not currently caring for children
- 18-years or older
- Drug and alcohol free
- Able and willing to work full-time to achieve independence
- An interview with our program staff is required.
How to apply
WISEPlace conducts open interviews every Wednesday from 9:30 – 11:00 am. Appointments are not needed during this time. For additional information, please call (714) 542-3577 to reach one of our team members.